Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2017/10/22 19:26:57 UTC

CRLF newlines

I'm having trouble with .bat files.

This isn't blocking on the 3.5.0 release.
I've removed the setting in .gitattributes to unblock the release.

The files apache-jena/bat/*.bat in git are right, at least when I clone
the repo wiuth no .gitattribute settings, they are correctly CRLF line
endings, presumably because of the setting in $HOME/.gitconfig

I tried to add a .gitattributes file to make it safe for anyone to clone
the repo with "*.bat text eol=crlf" but it seems to do the opposite -
when cloned, git says the files have changed and they have LF line endings.

Git marks them changed - which would stop the maven release plugin.

What's the correct settings for .gitattributes?
Or is something else not right?

     Andy

Settings:

== $HOME/.gitconfig

[core]
	autocrlf = input

== $JENA/.gitattributes

*.bat text eol=crlf
*.png binary
*.jpg binary
*.gif binary

Re: CRLF newlines

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
Hmm, I had a similar issue some time ago, and git would stubbornly mark files as modified, even though I hadn't changed anything.
Can't recall how I fixed it, or if I simply ignored it and committed other files.
Checked my global settings, core.autocrlf is set to input in my environment. I think GitHub documentation suggested to use it perhaps.
Wonder if it makes difference whether you check out the project in a Windows or Linux computer?
CheersBruno