Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dirk Wichmann <di...@team-wichmann.de> on 2014/04/17 15:48:13 UTC

jquery ui DatePicker

Hi,

is's quite frustrating, I use the jquery ui DatePicker for a valid to
filed on a user form.
Everything seems to be ok, but....
I want to display that a user don't expire and so I save 31.12.9999
(german date format dd.MM.yyyy) in database.
Now I try to edit a user and the init of the form is OK, but the
datepicker input field shows always 31.12.99 (two digits in year)
normally no problem
If I try to save the data I get a validation error, because the internal
representation of the date is 31.12.1999.
After asking google I found a view tips but nothing works for me??

Any help or idea ??

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Dirk

Re: jquery ui DatePicker

Posted by Patrick Davids <pa...@nubologic.com>.
Hi Dirk,
have a look at http://jqueryui.com/datepicker/#date-formats
and
http://api.jqueryui.com/datepicker/#option-dateFormat
to change the javascript-side jquery date formatting pattern to
4-letter-year.
(Pay attention, it is a bit different to java date patterns.)

To do so, you have to apply the jquery date pattern as an Option to your
DatePicker instance on java-side.
Something like this:
new Options("dateFormat", Options.asString("dd.mm.yyyy")

kind regards
Patrick

Re: jquery ui DatePicker

Posted by Dirk Wichmann <di...@team-wichmann.de>.
Hi,

that's it, thanks a lot, sometimes the solution is so near.....

Cheers
Dirk

Re: jquery ui DatePicker

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dirk,

If you are referring to wicket-jquery-ui datepicker: the jquery date format
option should match the java date format, ie:

new DatePicker("mydate", model, "dd.MM.yyyy", new
Options("dateFormat", Options.asString("dd.mm.yy")));

Hope this helps,
Sebastien.