Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Fabián Mandelbaum <fm...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/16 13:35:54 UTC

Adding JCR2.x properties to a JCR1.x repository

Hello,

for the new version of my application I'm switching from JR 1.6.x to
JR 2.2.x. I've found out that JCR2.0 provides a few new properties
that I was needing at JCR1.0 time, for example jcr:createdBy which I
intend to use to state the author of a given item.

I'm writing a migration tool because of some storage structure changes
I've made on the repo, and I was wondering if there's a way to
programatically add this new jcr:createdBy property (with its value
set from my current author properties, stored at some other node in
JCR). Note that the migration tool still uses JR 1.6.x jars (I can
switch it to JR 2.2.x jars if needs be)

Thanks in advance.

--
Fabián Mandelbaum