Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "M. Osama Alghwell" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/20 19:02:32 UTC

Supporting languages

Hi,
I have an Oracle application and database. I am using Tomcat 9 but
unfortunately Arabic language couldn't be used. Any help?

M. Alghwell

Re: Supporting languages

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
M. Alghwell,

On 4/20/22 15:02, M. Osama Alghwell wrote:
> I have an Oracle application and database. I am using Tomcat 9 but
> unfortunately Arabic language couldn't be used.

Why not? What are you trying to do (specifically) and what happens when
you try doing that?

> Any help?
This probably has nothing to do with Tomcat, which just pushed bytes
around for you. In order to support Arabic, you will need to make sure
that your database tables have been defined in such a way as to accept
Arabic characters (probably some kind of Unicode encoding) as well as
configuring your application (and Tomcat) to use something other than
the (HTTP) protocol-defined default of ISO-8859-1.

I highly recommend reading this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/liklBg

-chris