Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mo...@comcast.net on 2013/10/08 01:23:01 UTC

Upgrading to SDK 4.10 and FB 4.7

I've transitioned my project from SDK 4.5.1 to SDK 4.10, and there were no issues. Amazing! Thanks all to ensuring backward compatibility!

I also upgraded from Flash Builder 4.6 to 4.7, and installed subclipse 1.6.x (as I had in FB 4.6). I'm seeing the following issues:

1. I'm using a Mac OSX, and when I hold the command key down and hover the mouse over a function, for example, FB 4.6 would highlight the function blue and allow me to click-through to its location. This doesn't happen anymore in FB 4.7.

2. When I place the keyboard cursor on a variable, FB 4.6 would highlight in gray all the occurrences of that variable in the file. But FB 4.7 does not.

Any one know how I can restore these productivity enhancements? I tried to find them in

Flash Builder > Preferences > General > Keys

but I didn't see anything entered for Command (in FB 4.6 nor FB 4.7). Any ideas?

Re: Upgrading to SDK 4.10 and FB 4.7

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

It looks like it's a FB 4.7 issue, the advanced telemetry flag has no issues with FB 4.6.

 I'm not sure what Apache Flex can do to fiix this in FB 4.7.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Upgrading to SDK 4.10 and FB 4.7

Posted by Martin Miko <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

as far as I have tested transition from SDK 4.6 to 4.10, it works ok, but
the FB 4.7 really has an issue with the -advanced-telemetry flag. In the
team I work with, we have observed similar behavior. i.e. no ASDoc, open
call hierarchy not working, etc. for both Flex framework and our own
classes. Since we are working on desktop projects that don't use BlazeDS or
any similar technology I believe the culprit is this advanced telemetry
flag. Moreover, what supports my belief is that, if I remove this flag from
the project settings the things I mentioned earlier work ok.

But note that I have tested it only on OSX and FB 4.7.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by mo...@comcast.net.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
> [...]

>org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:34
>4)
>at
>org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:17
>9)
>at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
>39)
>at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorIm
>pl.java:25)
>at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
>at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
>at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad.core.DCRADContentAssistProcessor.computeCompletionProposals(DCRADContentAssistProcessor.java:139)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.ContentAssistant.computeCompletionProposals(ContentAssistant.java:1830)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CompletionProposalPopup.computeProposals(CompletionProposalPopup.java:556)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CompletionProposalPopup.access$16(CompletionProposalPopup.java:553)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CompletionProposalPopup$2.run(CompletionProposalPopup.java:488)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CompletionProposalPopup.showProposals(CompletionProposalPopup.java:482)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.ContentAssistant.showPossibleCompletions(ContentAssistant.java:1656)
[...]
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

As far as I can tell it seems to only happen with FB 4.7 and not FB 4.6 so it's more likely to be a FB issue than an SDK issue.

Justin

Re: Upgrading to SDK 4.10 and FB 4.7

Posted by mo...@comcast.net.
Hmm, SVN was a red herring... I was also playing with Scout recently. By removing the telemetry switch in the Project > Properties > Flex Compiler argument, all Preferences are respected.
I observe:

The following causes Flash Builder 4.7 to behave as expected:

-services "/Volumes/www.mycompany.com/myapp/WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml" -locale en_US

The following Flex Compiler arguments cause almost all Flash Builder Preferences to be ignored (note: I've included a clean after making changes):

-services "/Volumes/www.mycompany.com/myapp/WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml" -locale en_US -advanced-telemetry

-services "/Volumes/www.mycompany.com/myapp/WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml" -locale en_US -advanced-telemetry=true

-services "/Volumes/www.mycompany.com/myapp/WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml" -locale en_US -advanced-telemetry=false

-advanced-telemetry -services "/Volumes/www.mycompany.com/myapp/WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml" -locale en_US

Any one experience this before?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Is it working for non Flex related classes? What happens with your own class or a native type like String?

Justin

Re: Upgrading to SDK 4.10 and FB 4.7

Posted by mo...@comcast.net.
OK, I found the settings for these items in the Preferences popup, but they all appear to be set correctly in FB 4.7 (as in FB 4.6). However, they're not getting applied to the Flash (default) or Flash Debug Perspectives.

Even something as simple as highlight matching brackets isn't working, although it is set in Preferences to do so.

Any idea how to get the Preferences selections working in these perspectives?

Reseting the Perspective didn't help, nor did restoring the defaults for the Editor section in Preferences.