Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Nicolas Brasseur <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2009/10/05 21:41:55 UTC

jcr:like ignore case

Hi there,

I am currently testing the jcr:like function in xpath queries, I was wondering if it was possible to change the jcr:like behavior to ignore case or not ?

thanks for you advices

N.

Re: jcr:like ignore case

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

> I notice that in the SQL syntax, order by LOWER(jcr:title) is not supported.
> Putting the LOWER in the order by throws an error. Are there plans to add
> this functionality?

It works with Jackrabbit 2.0 / SQL-2 (according to my test).

Regards,
Thomas

Re: jcr:like ignore case

Posted by krobblestopper <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: jcr:like ignore case

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
//element(*, my:type)[jcr:like(fn:lower-case(@foo), 'bar%')]

is equivalent to

SELECT * FROM my:type WHERE LOWER(foo) LIKE 'bar%'

regards
 marcel

Re: jcr:like ignore case

Posted by krobblestopper <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: jcr:like ignore case

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 09:55, Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 21:41, Nicolas Brasseur
> <ni...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I am currently testing the jcr:like function in xpath queries, I was wondering if it was possible to change the jcr:like behavior to ignore case or not ?
>
> AFAIK jcr:like is meant for exact matches (+ % wildcards) and hence
> does not ignore the case. For fuzzy fulltext searches, use
> jcr:contains, it should ignore the case.

right, and it is generally faster than jcr:like.

if you really want to use jcr:like case insensitive you can do:

Re: jcr:like ignore case

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
<ni...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am currently testing the jcr:like function in xpath queries, I was wondering if it was possible to change the jcr:like behavior to ignore case or not ?

AFAIK jcr:like is meant for exact matches (+ % wildcards) and hence
does not ignore the case. For fuzzy fulltext searches, use
jcr:contains, it should ignore the case.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: jcr:like ignore case

Posted by Nicolas Brasseur <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

does anybody could help me on this one ?

thanks in advance

Nicolas