Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com> on 2014/03/31 08:23:24 UTC

about "yarn.application.classpath"

Hi Hadoop Users,

In hadoop 2.2.0, if I want yarn applications to be able to include external jars, I need to specify "yarn.application.classpath" in yarn-site.xml, including the default value, so it will be like this:
  <property>
    <description>CLASSPATH for YARN applications. A comma-separated list
    of CLASSPATH entries</description>
     <name>yarn.application.classpath</name>
     <value>$HADOOP_CONF_DIR,$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/share/hadoop/common/*,$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/share/hadoop/common/lib/*,$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/share/hadoop/hdfs/*,$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/share/hadoop/hdfs/lib/*,$HADOOP_YARN_HOME/share/hadoop/yarn/*,$HADOOP_YARN_HOME/share/hadoop/yarn/lib/*,/my/own/external/jars</value>
  </property>

While in hadoop 1.0.4, I just need to modify "HADOOP_CLASSPATH" in hadoop-env.sh

I just want to know if there are more perfect / cleaner way to do this?

I don't like to have to repeat the default values of yarn.application.classpath, I want it more like to use some kine extensions, such as "yarn.application.classpath.ext":

  <property>
    <description>CLASSPATH for YARN applications. A comma-separated list
    of CLASSPATH entries</description>
     <name>yarn.application.classpath.ext</name>
     <value>/my/own/external/jars</value>
  </property>

Best regards,
Henry

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.