Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roland Bali <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/25 11:54:07 UTC

[m2] Using a custom template in a skin?

Hi,

I use a custom Velocity template to generate my site. Up until yesterday I
did it the "old fashioned" way by configuring the site plugin with
<templateFile>. Since this stopped working a while ago I tried to create my
own skin. Creating a skin worked fine, exactly as advertised at
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/creating-a-skin.htmlexcept
for the template thingy.

Where do I put my custom Velocity template and what do I call it so Maven
can use it together with my bright and shiny new skin? If I use the old way
the page gets all screwed up (which by the way is documented on the site
plugin page).

How come the default template is in the Doxia plugin, shouldn't it be
located inside a skin?

Kind regards,
Roland

Re: [m2] Using a custom template in a skin?

Posted by Roland Bali <ro...@gmail.com>.
But wouldn't that also show up with the rest of the files when running
site:site?

Anyway I've already added a very simple Ant task that does the trick.

Thanks alot for the help Vance!

Kind regards,
Roland

Re: Using a custom template in a skin?

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@najdi.si>.
It wasn't. I changed my maven skin project's pom to

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>my.project</groupId>
  <artifactId>skin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <packaging>maven-plugin</packaging>
  <description>Custom skin for my project.</description>
</project>

and installed this jar with

C:\Documents and Settings\Borut\Desktop\Workspace\maven-my-skin>mvn
install:install-file -Dfile=target\
skin-1.0.jar -DgroupId=my.project -DartifactId=skin -Dversion=1.0
-Dpackaging=maven-plugin

Now the generated site includes one small change (just one meta tag in
head of the html which has no formatting impact) which I included in my
skin's site.vm, but the layout is corrupt. The left menu is stretched
all the way to the right border of the browser window (IE and Firefox).

What am I doing wrong? Here is my skin's project structure:
src
    main
        resources
            css