Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/02 21:11:00 UTC

svn commit: r534591 - Calculator web sample application available, was Re: Webapp support in this release

Hi All

   I have put together a simple web application based on the calculator
sample we have. The client/jsp programming model is simple works same as in
a J2SE application. The generated war file for the calculator-web app has
all required dependencies on it, and should work on your app server of
choice.

On 5/2/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have started looking into this yesterday, trying to make the das-service
> web client working, but then decided to start simple as you are suggesting,
> and started looking at a simple calculator web-app.
>
> At the moment i have the sample web-app building Ok, with the necessary
> dependencies on the war, but when I try to deploy the application to TC it
> is complaining because the servlet-api jar is getting packaged in the
> application war. I'm trying to play with the scope of the servlet-api
> references to see if I can fix the issue.
>
> Once I get this done, we could discuss the M1 tomcat distribution
> approach, and the requirement for that.
>

> On 5/2/07, ant elder < ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > There's been a few past questions about what we're doing to support
> > webapp's
> > in this release. I think the way the runtime is today webapp's should be
> > able to work just like the standalone J2SE samples and all we need to do
> > is
> > make sure the all the tuscany dependency jars are included somewhere.
> >
> > So how about all we do is have a webapp calculator sample similar to the
> > one
> > from M2 but just use the standard Maven war plugin to create the WAR
> > bundling all the required dependencies into the webapp lib directory?
> >
> > We could also have an alternative sample build that assumes all the
> > required
> > tuscany jars are already in the tomcat shared lib so doesn't include
> > them in
> > the sample WAR. (and provide some way to get all the jars needed to be
> > put
> > in the shared lib?)
> >
> > WDYT or any alternative suggestions?
> >
> > Anyone want to volunteer to try doing this?
> >
> >    ...ant
> >

> --
> Luciano Resende

Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: svn commit: r534591 - Calculator web sample application available, was Re: Webapp support in this release

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On 5/2/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
>    I have put together a simple web application based on the calculator
> sample we have. The client/jsp programming model is simple works same as
> in
> a J2SE application. The generated war file for the calculator-web app has
> all required dependencies on it, and should work on your app server of
> choice.

Just as fyi, i've tried this and it works fine for me.

   ...ant