Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Smith <mj...@iii.co.uk> on 1997/10/14 18:22:15 UTC

mod_auth_dbm and gdbm

Hi All,

Well I've been off the apache scene for a few months (groan) but now I'm
back and it feels great to be back.  There have been some excellent new
developments.  First job here ... to get the company to switch from
netscape to apache, and this will be happening soon (hurrah).

However (wouldn't ya know), I've had my first stab at using mod_auth_dbm
without 100% success.  It compiles fine with ndbm but won't read the dbm
files created with gdbm - which I guess is to be expected. But I can't
successfully compile with gdbm.  apacheweek recommends this, should it
work?  Just changing the <include ndbm.h> to <include gdbm.h> chucks out
all the following errors:

[229]> gcc -c -Iregex  -O2 -DSOLARIS2 -DSTATUS   mod_auth_dbm.c
mod_auth_dbm.c: In function `get_dbm_pw':
mod_auth_dbm.c:124: `DBM' undeclared (first use this function)
mod_auth_dbm.c:124: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mod_auth_dbm.c:124: for each function it appears in.)
mod_auth_dbm.c:124: `f' undeclared (first use this function)
mod_auth_dbm.c:125: parse error before `d'
mod_auth_dbm.c:128: `q' undeclared (first use this function)
mod_auth_dbm.c:136: `d' undeclared (first use this function)
mod_auth_dbm.c:139: `pw' undeclared (first use this function)

Any ideas / suggestions?

Cheers

Mike