Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Carr <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/06 18:39:47 UTC

Struts2 Configutation alternative to sessions?

Hi All,
I'm using struts 2 for a small web app that has an action attribute
that needs to maintain state. Currently I'm using sessions but I would
like to reconfigure my application to use something besides sessions,
perhaps something like viewState in .NET that would be availble via a
hidden input or get parameter. I'm sure struts 2 has something like
this, but I currently cannot find any good reference online via
google.

Thanks,
James

Re: Struts2 Configutation alternative to sessions?

Posted by Gary Affonso <gl...@greywether.com>.
James Carr wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm using struts 2 for a small web app that has an action attribute
> that needs to maintain state. Currently I'm using sessions but I would
> like to reconfigure my application to use something besides sessions,
> perhaps something like viewState in .NET that would be availble via a
> hidden input or get parameter. I'm sure struts 2 has something like
> this, but I currently cannot find any good reference online via
> google.

I think you should not be so sure. :-)

If you're *really* intent on avoiding sessions and you don't want to
just handle the state-management yourself (with hidden fields,
url-rewriting, etc.) then you could take a look at WebFlow.  It can
provide a view-state context and it can do it without relying on a
session.  It's also a huge learning curve and somewhat tricky to
integrate into s2.

- Gary

Re: Struts2 Configutation alternative to sessions?

Posted by James Carr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sessions aren't currently available on the server and I don't want to
have to wait till the end of the week for my client to view the
application.

Thanks,
James

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.