Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2015/09/16 19:37:02 UTC

CTAKES-377 : Upgrade to Java 8

Can anybody out there think of a reason why we shouldn't upgrade to Java 8?  Please comment on Jira.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-377

Thanks,
Sean

RE: CTAKES-377 : Upgrade to Java 8

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Great feedback gang!

With plenty of "binding votes", the motion/question passes!

I haven't seen any negatives, so I will soon start using java 8 features in new and refactored trunk code.  Please feel free to do the same for the next (3.2.3) release.

Upgrade now or suffer the compiler errors ...

Cheers,
Sean

Posted by andy mcmurry <mc...@gmail.com>.
+1 long live Java 8 !

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 for sure

Posted by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
+1 too -- just a note -- looks like the newest version of clearnlp uses java 8 and cleartk is currently considering upgrading to java 8 as well. It will be a necessity soon just so our dependencies work.
Tim

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.