Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by abhay kumar <ab...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/18 14:30:50 UTC

acts_as_solr integeration with solr separately

Hi,

I have setup solr search server in tomcat.

I am able to fire queries(of any knid) & get results in xml format.

Now i want to Integerate it(solr) with ruby on rails .

I know ruby on rails has inbuilt plugin acts_as_solr which helps in
integerating(talking) with solr.

acts_as_solr comes bundled with solr web application with jetty server.

But i don't wanna use this inbuilt solr web application .

e.g. i don't wanna do rake solr:start.

I am running solr as different search server in tomcat at port 8983.(url
http://localhost:8983/solr/ & all other urls are listening)

Now, I want to talk to this solr server (separate) using acts_as_solr
plugin.

Questions:
1)Can anybody point me how to do this?
    Any tutorial ?
2)What changes I had to make in acts_as_solr plugin?

3)Any good pointers(urls) will be appreciated.......

Regards
Abhay

Re: acts_as_solr integeration with solr separately

Posted by abhay kumar <ab...@gmail.com>.
Anybody with his bright ideas....

Regards
Abhay

Posted by abhay kumar <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by abhay kumar <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Erik for your knd response.

I am using acts_as_solr stable release v0.9 .

I downloaded it from http://github.com/mattmatt/acts_as_solr/tree/master

Regards
Abhay

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.