Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2005/10/22 02:44:00 UTC

queries and filters

I have another newbie question based on a quick glance at some classes
in* org.apache.lucene.search.Query* and at the email thread
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org&by=thread&from=943115.
It appears that Searchers first compute query results and then filter
those results. Can you request  the reverse composition: First
restricting the search to a small set of documents, then running the query?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: queries and filters

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.