Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jon SlinnHawkins <j....@elsevier.com> on 2006/08/23 08:50:47 UTC

Re: RE : Web site generation for multiple projects

Hi Arnaud,

What does : <menu name="Common Links" inherit="top" /> achieve ?

Thanks

Jon

"Arnaud Bailly" <ab...@oqube.com> wrote in message
"Thomas Van Buskirk" <tv...@scu.edu> writes:

> I tried this and the modules didn't display.  All I saw was the
> "Modules" menu with no modules displayed below them.
>
> I looked on JIRA and it seems there is a bug for it:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-86
>
> It says that it's fixed in 2.0-beta-5 (i'm assuming that means 2.0.5)
>
> Does anyone have a workaround for version 2.0.4?

Actually, it works for me in  2.0.4. I use the following site.xml:

<project name="Framework LDAP">
 <bannerRight>
  <href>http://sourceforge.net</href>
  <src>http://sflogo.sourceforge.net/sflogo.php?group_id=169899&amp;type=1</src>
 <name>Sorugeforge</name>

</bannerRight>
  <links>
   <item name="Maven"  href="http://maven.apache.org/" />
  </links>

  <menu name="Documentation" href="/index.html" collapsed="true" >
   <item name="User guide" href="/user-guide.html"/>
   <item name="French documentation" href="/fr/index.html"/>
  </menu>
  <menu ref="modules" />
</project>

regards

PS: in the children, I have

<project name="Framework LDAP">
  <links>
   <item name="Maven"  href="http://maven.apache.org/" />
  </links>
  <menu name="Common Links" inherit="top" />
  <menu ref="parent" />
  ${reports}
</project>

--
OQube < software engineering \ g�nie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.

Re: RE : Web site generation for multiple projects

Posted by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com>.
hello Jon,

On 8/23/06, Jon SlinnHawkins <j....@elsevier.com> wrote:

> What does : <menu name="Common Links" inherit="top" /> achieve ?

as it is explained in the how-to:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/howto.html:

Site descriptors are inherited along the same lines as project descriptors
are. When you deploy a project, it's site descriptor is also deployed so
that it can be inherited.

By default, only the basic settings are inherited. From the body, only the
links are inherited, and these accumulate to contain all of the descriptor's
links.
However, it is possible to inherit menus as well. To do so, use the
inheritflag of the site descriptor. This can be either
top or bottom, indicating where in the menu it will be placed after
inheritance.

--
http://valerioschiavoni.blogspot.com
http://jroller.com/page/vschiavoni