Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Pa...@metavante.com on 2009/08/06 20:37:05 UTC

xsd-complex-type-wrapper

Hello all,

I am using ODE 1.3.2  on Tomcat 6.0.20

I am getting this back from my bpel call:

<xsd-complex-type-wrapper>
      <typ xmlns="http://www.metavante.com/mvnt_InvolvedParty">House
Number</typ>
      <val xmlns="http://www.metavante.com/mvnt_InvolvedParty">845 W.
Hampton Ave</val>
</xsd-complex-type-wrapper>

The variable is defined as the following:

<bpel:variable name:="addrCmpt" type="ns3:PstlAddrCmpt"></bpel:variable>

I am initializing the variable with the following code
<bpel:literal xml:space="preserve">
    <mvnt_InvolvedParty:PstlAddrCmpt
            xmlns:mvnt="http://www.metavante.com/mvnt"
            xmlns:mvnt_Common="http://www.metavante.com/mvnt_Common"

xmlns:mvnt_InvolvedParty="http://www.metavante.com/mvnt_InvolvedParty"
            xmlns:p="mvntCommon" xmlns:p1="mvntCommonRqstHdr"
xmlns:p2="mvntCommonRspHdr"
            <mvnt_InvolvedParty:typ></mvnt_InvolvedParty:typ>
            <mvnt_InvolvedParty:val></mvnt_InvolvedParty:val>
      </mvnt_InvolvedParty:PstlAddrCmpt>
</bpel:literal>

I an inserting the object into a list using the following:

<bpel:copy keepSrcElementName="yes">
    <bpel:from>
        <![CDATA[ode:insert-as-first-into($addrOsi, $addrCmpt)]]>
    </bpel:from><bpel:to>
        <![CDATA[$addrOsi]]>
    </bpel:to>
</bpel:copy>

I have not had this problem before, so I am completely baffled.  Any help
would be great.

Paul R. Johnson

This message contains confidential and proprietary information of the
sender, and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the e-mail sender immediately, and delete the original message
without making a copy.

Re: xsd-complex-type-wrapper

Posted by Christian Fonden <ch...@die-rooter.de>.
Hi,

we already have discussed this issue some months ago. FYI here the result:

Hello,

to solve the problem I had to declare an element of the complexType TestVO
in the .wsdl

<element name="TestVOElement" type="tns:TestVO"/>

The declaration of the variable in the .bpel file must be of the element
type:

<bpel:variable name="mytestvo" element="tns:TestVOElement"></bpel:variable>

Initialize:

<bpel:copy>
 <bpel:from>
  <bpel:literal xml:space="preserve">
   <tns:TestVOElement xmlns:tns="http://BPELVoTest"
    <tns:TestVO>
     <tns:key></tns:key>
     <tns:value></tns:value>
    </tns:TestVO>
   </tns:TestVOElement>
  </bpel:literal>
 </bpel:from>
 <bpel:to variable="mytestvo">
 </bpel:to>
</bpel:copy>

Fill:

<bpel:copy>
 <bpel:from part="payload" variable="input"></bpel:from>
 <bpel:to variable="mytestvo">
  <bpel:query
queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath1.0">
   <![CDATA[tns:TestVO/tns:key]]>
  </bpel:query>
 </bpel:to>
</bpel:copy>

Add to response:

<bpel:copy>
 <bpel:from>
  <![CDATA[ode:insert-as-last-into($output.payload, $mytestvo)]]>
 </bpel:from>
 <bpel:to part="payload" variable="output">
 </bpel:to>
</bpel:copy>

The SOAP Response

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
 <soapenv:Body>
  <BPELVoTestResponse xmlns="http://BPELVoTest">
   <TestVOElement>
    <tns:TestVO xmlns:tns="http://BPELVoTest">
     <tns:value />
    </tns:TestVO>
   </TestVOElement>
  </BPELVoTestResponse>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

After that the ODE engine seems to use the root-element I initialized
instead of wrapping it with a "xsd-complex-type-wrapper" element. I dont
know if this is the right behavior in this case but using the element
instead of the complex-type will be at least a workaround.

Have a nice weekend,

Kathrin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------