Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2006/12/01 16:40:48 UTC

Re: Easyjet e-mail scoring very high

>> > The html contains this sort of thing:
>> > http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Members/
>> >
>> > Which looks like the culprit. In fact, every full stop in the html is
>> > represented as . for some reason.
>> >
>> > Still wondering though... how do you solve a problem like EasyJet?
>>

>> Sure looks like spam to me.  ;-)
>>
>> Which also looks like just about every airline message I've seen from any
>> airline.  :-(  Apparently they hired spammers to design their marketing
>> campain mail.
>>
>> You could try sending to mostmaster or whatever at whichever marketing
>> company is really sending that mail and see if you can get any attention
>> from them.  Probably not, but it might be worth trying.
>>
>>         Loren

I would also suggest that people interested in this kind of mail get in touch with the company
and tell them that
- the mail looks spammy and may not reach all intended recipients for that reason
Including SA's vote on the mail might be an idea
- they, as recipients, are unwilling to damage their working anti spam setup just to cure a symptom
where the sender could cure the disease (and whitelist_from, unless backed by spf or domainkeys,
is opening an unnecessary hole)

Wolfgang Hamann