Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/05 17:48:42 UTC

I am closing Resolved issues

Hi,

I am manually reviewing and closing issues marked Resolved against 7.4
and earlier as well as in versions unknown.

I am leaving those I can't quite figure out the "true final" status of
as is. Like a patch is in the tree, but it is not marked with a
version and nothing in CHANGES file.

I hope this approach is ok. I apologize in advance if I mis-read
somebody's intention. Feel free to 'reopened' the case (Jira flow
state transition name needs fixing too).

Please let me know if you disagree with this cleanup and/or if you
have a better algorithm to improve searches/statistics for
still-active issues.

Regards,
   Alex.

Re: I am closing Resolved issues

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
Maintaining this seems to be a pain; I wonder if it's worth bothering with
the distinction between "Resolved" and "Closed"?  Examining the "fix
version" would indicate what release has the code (if it was a code thing
and not some infra thing).

Your 600 day buffer seems safe since it hasn't been that long for
master/8.0 code to have been committed without being released.

There are numerous non-fix resolution statuses like "Duplicate" that an
issue ought not to sit idle in Resolved yet not yet Closed states.  You
could consider going after these too.  Whatever you do will one day be
repeated.

BTW when you do your bulk closing, please add a comment with a searchable
phrase should we want to easily bulk revert via a search.  This approach
has been done in the past for bulk changes.  It could be something like
"2018-07-05 Bulk close resolved, not commented on in 600 days"

~ David

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
Thanks.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.