Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2012/10/03 21:34:33 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2012-10-03 release

Hi all,

I submit a new ServiceMix Bundles release to your vote.

This release includes the following bundles:
- abdera-parser 1.1.2_1
- automaton 1.11-8_1
- commons-configuration 1.8_1
- derby 10.8.1.2_1
- derby 10.8.2.2_1
- derbynet 10.8.1.2_2
- derbynet 10.8.2.2_2
- elasticsearch 0.19.9_1
- fop 1.0_3
- gae 1.6.6_2
- gae 1.7.1_2
- gentlyweb-utils 1.5_1
- saxon 9.4.0.1_3
- saxon 9.4.0.4_1
- struts 1.3.10_1
- velocity 1.7_5

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-086/

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Thanks,
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2012-10-03 release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

[CANCEL][VOTE] Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2012-10-03 release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Agree with Babak,

I cancel this release, fix and create a new one.

I will submit it to your vote tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Awesome, that was exactly what I was looking for, embed as a private-package
inside the bundle itself.

BTW your previous response didn't sound to intend to go for a
private-package approach :-)

Thanks!

Babak

Re: [VOTE] Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2012-10-03 release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
As I said before, even if I think it's ugly, I will ship elasticsearch
lucene package in the bundle (as a private-package).

The lucene dependence will be removed from the camel feature.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
By the way, we have quite the same for MOST OF bundles: we try to define
a version range (or sticky version).

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Agree for the names.txt, I will include it in the bundle.

About lucene, it's the responsibility of the feature to install lucene
bundle. About the version, I can add a version range in the
elasticsearch bundle to be sure to use a working lucene version.
Another way (it's the one that I will adopt regarding your comment) is
the embed the lucene package in the elasticsearch bundle as a private
package.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI, org.apache.lucene is in import package (so it's "normal" to be
excluded from the bundle), but I'm checking about config (if it contains
really config files).

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
downloading, unpacking, building for each artifact: check
validating signatures of src artifacts: check
testing as far as I use them in my projects: check
validating license/notice files: check

--> +1 (non-binding)

Kind regards,
Andreas