Posted to websh-user@tcl.apache.org by Asif Hanson <as...@mail.com> on 2004/05/13 09:25:54 UTC

data base type applications?

Hi!

How are you doing?
I have been looking over the features of Websh and I am interested in building a
database type of application on the web.
Basically the website will have profiles on people for anyone to look at.
The profiles will have user's private info. such as login passwords etc.
Does Websh provide database features? Or do I have to compile a TclDataBase
extension such as SleepyCat Software's Berkeley DB Tcl Extension into Websh?

Thanks much for your reply!

-Asif

Re: data base type applications?

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
Hi Asif

> I have been looking over the features of Websh and I am interested in building a
> database type of application on the web.
> Basically the website will have profiles on people for anyone to look at.
> The profiles will have user's private info. such as login passwords etc.
> Does Websh provide database features? Or do I have to compile a TclDataBase
> extension such as SleepyCat Software's Berkeley DB Tcl Extension into Websh?

Websh itself does not provide any DB functionality because Tcl has
many extensions to take care of that. The one you entioned or oratcl
(for Oracle) are examples.

Regards
Ronnie