Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by wi...@blueyonder.co.uk on 2003/07/23 10:14:18 UTC

Newbie JMSAppender Problems

Hi,
I'm having problems using the JMSAppender. I'm using JBoss 2.4.4 and Log4J 1.1.2 .  What happens is I get a NamaingException when configuring the JMSAppender.

My log4j.properties files looks like this.......

log4j.debug=true
log4j.rootCategory=ALL, jms
#now lets go for the JMS log
log4j.appender.jms=org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender
log4j.appender.jms.threshold=ERROR
log4j.appender.jms.layout=org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout
log4j.appender.jms.TopicBindingName=topic/testTopic
log4j.appender.jms.TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName=ConnectionFactory

I'm trying to publish to a testTopic which is created in the default JBoss configuration.

My jndi.properties looks like this......

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
#connect to server 'onion'
java.naming.provider.url=onion:1099
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

I'm fairly certain it is a configuration problem as the exception occurs when I do my first InitialContext.lookup  before I have even created my Logger.

Hope you can help.

Thanks in anticipation

Martin

P.S Sorry if this e-mail comes out HTML Formated its a non-configurable web-mail account.