Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Yong Zhu <di...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/16 07:47:35 UTC

About the parent pom, groupId and package name of Dubbo project

Hi, all

I'm working on this issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/DUBBO/issues/DUBBO-7?filter=allopenissues

I have the below questions:

1. Shall we need to change the pom.xml parent to org.apache:apache:19 ? Now
we use sonatype oss as the central repository.
2. Shall we need to change all the java package name to org.apache.* ? If
do this, users will encounter the upgrading problem.
3. Now, our groupId is "com.alibaba", shall we need to change it to
"org.apache"?

Thanks.

Yong Zhu.

Re: About the parent pom, groupId and package name of Dubbo project

Posted by shang zonghai <yi...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you very much for your valuable advice.

What we are worried about is whether or not it will affect the graduation from apache incubation.

在 2018年3月20日,10:41,John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org>> 写道:

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 10:32 PM Yong Zhu <di...@gmail.com>> wrote:

3. Have com.alibaba.dubbo.cache.filter.CacheFilter extend the o.a.d version
and mark it as @Deprecated.  This keeps API compatibility in place, and
encourages users to switch out.
-------
Does the compatible code need to be deleted before graduating or always
exist?

I would imagine a compatibility layer gets deleted when not needed any longer

Re: About the parent pom, groupId and package name of Dubbo project

Posted by shang zonghai <yi...@hotmail.com>.
>> 3. In quick start section, the com.alibaba.* group id in still in use,
>> is it possible to keep it until next release?
>
> I would be OK with that as long as the long term plan is removed prior to graduation.

I expect to be able to take this part of the job, hope to contribute to the apache/dubbo community.

yiji

Re: About the parent pom, groupId and package name of Dubbo project

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yong Zhu <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by shang zonghai <yi...@hotmail.com>.
case 2:     The user is convenient to upgrade dubbo to apache version( change com.alibaba.xxx to com.apache.xx), consumer and server upgrades at the same time.

We can provide tools to automatically convert the package name, the name of the extension interceptor, the package name of the xml configuration, etc.

I don’t understand why “ consumer and server upgrades at the same time”? What is the specific compatibility problems, can you give a hint, Zonghai?

What I mean is that the user has extended the dubbo SPI, upgrading dubbo directly at the same time will destroy the original implementation.

Re: About the parent pom, groupId and package name of Dubbo project

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 19/03/18 11:29, shang zonghai wrote:
<snip/>

> case 2:     The user is convenient to upgrade dubbo to apache version( change com.alibaba.xxx to com.apache.xx),  consumer and server upgrades at the same time.

Possibly just a copy/paste error but note it is *org*.apache

Mark

Re: About the parent pom, groupId and package name of Dubbo project

Posted by Yong Zhu <di...@gmail.com>.
John, I got it, thanks so much.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.