Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Xinyi Yan <ya...@apache.org> on 2021/01/28 05:09:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.16.0 RC0

Hello Everyone,

This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.16.0 RC0. This is the next
minor release of Phoenix 4, compatible with Apache HBase 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
and 1.6.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache phoenix 4.16.0

The tag to be voted on is 4.16.0RC0
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/tree/4.16.0RC0

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-4.16.0RC0/

For a complete list of changes, see:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-4.16.0RC0/CHANGES.md

Artifacts are signed with my "CODE SIGNING KEY":
E4882DD3AB711587

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/KEYS

Thanks,
Xinyi

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.16.0 RC0

Posted by Istvan Toth <st...@apache.org>.
I haven't had a chance to test the release yet, but I'd like to point out
that (at least) the following JIRAs didn't have the 4.16.0 fix version set.
(Some of that is probably my fault)

PHOENIX-6342
PHOENIX-5296
PHOENIX-6327
PHOENIX-6329
PHOENIX-6330

Missing some commits from the generated CHANGES file is probably not
serious enough to warrant a new RC, though.

regards
Istvan

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
Xinyi, i have updated fixVersion for relevant cases and mentioned you on
Jiras where i am not sure about the conclusion.
create-release scripts should update change log correctly this time.

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.