Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Corey Cauble <cc...@adforce.com> on 2001/04/24 01:10:30 UTC

Problems accessing .xml files from IIS 5.0

I have IIS 5.0/jdk1.3/Tomcat 3.2.1/Cocoon 1.8.2.

Tomcat is processing requests fine. I can access all of the directories in
the cocoon context, however I get a 404 error when I try to access any .xml
files. I also cannot call the cocoon.xml file.

I have looked at the installation directions for Cocoon with Tomcat, but the
details around enabling the processing of xml files focus' on Apache not
IIS.

The only possible issue that I am aware of is configuring the location of
cocoon.properties in the web.xml file. I have had problems with this in a
apache/servletexec/cocoon install. The context of how this URI is used is
not clearly represented in the doc. The only way I was able to get it to
work was to place the file under the webserver root htdocs directory. Does
anyone know how this is being used, for instance is it based on the root of
the webserver, is it a system document path ( if it is does, will it accept
windows based directory structure, c:\ )?