Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by nandika jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/19 12:36:34 UTC

[Axis2] some additions to axis2_defines.h

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
nandika jayawardana wrote:

> [...]
I added AXIS2_DECLARE using AXIS2_CALL to use appropriate calling and
import/export extentions.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: [Axis2] Guththila empty tag bug

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> There is a bug in Guththila in handling empty tags.
>
> It can handle
> <author title="Mr" name="Axitoc Oman"/>
> but not
> <author title="Mr" name="Axitoc Oman" />
> note the space before '/>' in the tag guththila cannot handle.

I managed to fix this, basically there was a problem with skip spaces
after attributes were read.

Re: [Axis2] Fixing memory leaks

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Paul Fremantle wrote:

> +1 samisa. It might be hard work now, but worth it.
>
>  Also I think based on the discussion we had with James, maybe its
> possible to set some boundaries. We allocate all memory within that
> execution path from a buffer,  and free all memory from the buffer at
> the end.

Like we extracted hash from apr why don't we extract the memory pool
from there too :)

damitha

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Paul Fremantle wrote:

> +1 samisa. It might be hard work now, but worth it.
>
>  Also I think based on the discussion we had with James, maybe its
> possible to set some boundaries. We allocate all memory within that
> execution path from a buffer,  and free all memory from the buffer at
> the end.

Yes it is a good idea to have a buffer to solve the unreleased memory
problem. As of now, our allocator does not have a pool, but we can
easily do that. However, even with the pool, I think it is good to adopt
the best practice of releasing whatever reserved resources back to the
pool at the earliest possible. This way we could gaurentee efficient
memory use. Buffer will help us with garunteed release at the end of the
execution path, in case memory has not been released when it hits the end.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

[Axis2] Fixing memory leaks

Re: [Axis2] Guththila Fails for '/'

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
By the way, I tried this test program with Guththila code in SVN, and it
works.
But when I use this through OM, it fails. :(

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Dinesh Premalal wrote:

> [...]
>>            <organization>Sonic Software</organization>
>>        </ns3:developer>
>>        <ns3:developer>
>>            <name>Sanjiva Weerawarana</name>
>>            <id>sanjiva</id>
>>            <email>sanjiva@opensource.lk</email>
>>            <organization>IBM/LSF</organization>
>>        </ns3:developer>
>>        <ns3:developer>
>>            <name>Eran Chinthaka</name>
>>            <id>chinthaka</id>
>>            <email>chinthaka@apache.org</email>
>>            <organization>LSF/Eurocenter DDC</organization>
>>        </ns3:developer>
>>        <ns3:developer>
>>            <name>Jaliya Ekanayake</name>
>>            <id>jaliya</id>
>>            <email>jaliya@opensource.lk</email>
>>            <organization>Virtusa/LSF</organization>
>>        </ns3:developer>
>>    </ns2:developers>
>></ns1:Root>
>>
>>Any help to fix the bug would be great .

I am using the latest SVN code with fixes for space handling etc. That
breaks with this XML.

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <pr...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi,

[Axis2] Guththila Fails for '/'

Re: [Axis2] Guththila problems

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Dinesh Premalal wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> On 10/20/05, *Samisa Abeysinghe* <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com
> <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     OK I found the answer to 2 below. Guthhtila handles empty tags.
>     But 1 remains - it does not handle SPACE event.
>

>    yes, guththila doesn't handle SPACE event. It ignores all the
> whitespaces.

Hmmm, for me, it did not ignore :( It fires a TEXT evend in between
tags, I think it has to fire a SPACE event instead. Please see below:
e.g.
<a> a text</a>
<b>b text</b>

In between </a> and <b> it fires a TEXT event, it has to be a SPACE
event. Any thoughts please.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

--
W.Dinesh Premalal
premalwd@cse.mrt.ac.lk

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

[Axis2] Guththila problems

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1. It is always good to have the calling convention defined right from
the start.
Thanks,
Samisa...