Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Prateek Singhal <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/25 19:38:57 UTC

Need guidance to start contributing to Lucene.

Hi Folks,

I am very new to Lucene. Used it in a couple of projects but haven't really
got into the insights of how it works and
*never Deep Dived into its code-base*
Just for a head-start I want some guidance from *all the smart folks* on
this group regarding *which knowledge source will be a good start-point for
me.*

I understand Java and OOPs concept well so language is not a hinderance.
Just want to get familiar with Lucene's inner functionality and also *looking
forward to contribute some useful stuff*

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prateek Singhal

Re: Need guidance to start contributing to Lucene.

Posted by Taher Galal <ta...@gmail.com>.
Depending on what you are looking for everything you need is in the docs.
The book just has a good structure a problem you will face is the book is
not up to date with the latest API changes but the main concepts are there
so if you want to read the Docs you can always do that of you want some
insight how things work in a book form then you have lucene in action but
take the functions there with a pinch of salt as the book is a bit old that
is all.

Posted by Prateek Singhal <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Taher Galal <ta...@gmail.com>.