Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2014/05/01 13:45:48 UTC

Re: [RELEASE]: kid language packs for AOO 4.1.0

On 30/04/2014 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 08:55:08PM +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> I know "kid" is special, but how can I enable it?
> You can't. "kid" is not an ISO code, so it's not added to the list
> box ... So you need a full install set (or, if you build yourself, apply the
> attached hack, that seems to work).

Thanks a lot for the explanation (and for the patch, which I didn't try
now, but may be useful in future).

So the language packs provided by Juergen cannot be used by volunteers
who are not building OpenOffice. It would be better to provide full
builds in the "archived" format then (for only 4 cases: Windows, Mac,
Linux 32, Linux 64). This would also allow to run very easily the two
versions in parallel as Aivaras asked.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [RELEASE]: kid language packs for AOO 4.1.0

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/1/14 1:45 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 30/04/2014 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 08:55:08PM +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> I know "kid" is special, but how can I enable it?
>> You can't. "kid" is not an ISO code, so it's not added to the list
>> box ... So you need a full install set (or, if you build yourself,
>> apply the
>> attached hack, that seems to work).
>
> Thanks a lot for the explanation (and for the patch, which I didn't try
> now, but may be useful in future).
>
> So the language packs provided by Juergen cannot be used by volunteers
> who are not building OpenOffice. It would be better to provide full
> builds in the "archived" format then (for only 4 cases: Windows, Mac,
> Linux 32, Linux 64). This would also allow to run very easily the two
> versions in parallel as Aivaras asked.

make probably sense, I wasn't aware of the problem. I have never used
such kid lang pack or full install set so far. I just provided them for
completeness and of course was asked for them.

Juergen