Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ng...@apache.org> on 2009/09/12 23:07:46 UTC

Re: svn commit: r814235 - in /mina/sandbox/vysper/trunk/server/core/src: main/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/datetime/DateTimeProfile.java test/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/datetime/ test/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/datetime/DateTimeProfileTestCase.java

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:00 PM,  <ng...@apache.org> wrote:
> Add support for parsing date times

I've added support for parsing date times. As the Date and DateFormat
classes has some wellknown problems with timezones, I've hacked up my
own tz parsing (XEP-0082 is a great help since it limits the number of
options in ISO 8601). I did not want to drag in a new dependency for
such a simple task. However, if someone knows a better way of doing
this, feel free to change the current implementation as you see fit!

Also, the SimpelDateFormat instances used in DateTimeProfile can
currently be called from mutliple threads, and since SimpleDateFormat
is not thread safe I'm thinking we should either synchronize or use
ThreadLocal for storing the formaters. Opinions anyone? If not, I'll
use ThreadLocal since I think that should gives is slightly better
performance.

/niklas