Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Brian Demers <bd...@apache.org> on 2024/01/09 23:00:30 UTC

SCIMple Release Update

TL;DR My next email will be the release vote email!

I ran into a couple more minor issues with the release process.
The biggest one is there was an odd interaction between the Maven Javadoc
plugin's aggregate-jar goal and the Quarkus server example (it uses an
extension).
(We can work around that by running `mvn javadoc:aggregate-jar` if needed
in the future, the regular aggregation/site generation of the javadocs
works fine)

Since my last email we had a few more PRs, so the delay helped squash a few
more bugs too!

I was also able to verify the build is reproducible using the Maven
Artifact Plugin

If anyone is interested you _should_ be able to checking out the 1.0.0-M1
<https://github.com/apache/directory-scimple/tree/1.0.0-M1> tag and running
something like:
mvn verify artifact:compare  -Dreference.repo='
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1224'
(I ran a slightly different command because I already had the release
staged locally)

I mention the reproducible bits because a.) I'm a fan of reproducible builds
<https://reproducible-builds.org/> and b.) it's the first step in being
able to automate releases from tags (newly allowed policy from the ASF
Infra folks), but that's future work.

If anyone has thoughts on the release, or what the initial version should
have been, it's easy to cut the release again, just reply to the vote email!
(I figured all of this was too long for the official vote thread)

-Brian