Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/13 10:14:19 UTC

Network path for data directory

Hi,
I have solr index directory in a machine. I want a second solr instance on
a different server to use this index. Is it possible to specify the path of
a remote machine for data directory.

Thanks,
Prasi

RE: Network path for data directory

Posted by Suresh Soundararajan <su...@aspiresys.com>.
Prasi,

It is not possible to use the index files of one solr instance for the second instance. The reason behind this is while booting the solr instance it will get lock the schema and index files to make sure other instance won't update the index and schema files.

As you mentioned like want the second instance in separate machine, you can configure the second one as child and the first instance as parent and configure the replication time based on your update operation on the parent index.

Thanks,
SureshKumar.S

I have solr index directory in a machine. I want a second solr instance on
a different server to use this index. Is it possible to specify the path of
a remote machine for data directory.

Thanks,
Prasi
[Aspire Systems]

This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.