Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/04 18:14:12 UTC

Problems using weblogic hosted binding.ws services

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to use a Tuscany binding.ws webapp service on
weblogic 9.2 - the service itself starts fine and I can access the
appropriate ?wsdl endpoint.

However, when I attempt to use this service through a Tuscany client I
get an Exception with a root cause of:

Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The uri may not be theempty
string.
	at org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java:486)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:343)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:389)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:211)
	at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)
	at org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.Axis2BindingInvoker$1.run(Axis2BindingInvoker.java:128)

Is this something anyone has seen?

I've attached a service and client example which reproduces this fault
along with the full Exception.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave.

--
Dave Sowerby MEng MBCS

Re: Problems using weblogic hosted binding.ws services

Posted by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

Thanks for your mails - both are very useful :)

I've updated my blog entry (which is already referenced from the
Tuscany site) at
http://davesowerby.blogspot.com/2008/02/using-tuscany-with-weblogic.html
with details of this new requirement.

Dave.

--
Dave Sowerby MEng MBCS

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Is the weblogic.jar part of your webapp? If not, you might be able to change
the classloading policy for your webapp to parent-last (i.e., the
classloader for the webapp takes precedence over parent classloaders).

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It seems that the StAX parser from WebLogic is not happy with empty
namespace in the NamespaceContext.getPrefix() call made by the JAXB
marshaller.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The uri may not be theempty string.
	at
weblogic.xml.stax.util.NamespaceContextImpl.getPrefix(NamespaceContextImpl.java:76)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.StAXPostInitAction.run(StAXPostInitAction.java:95)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.MarshallerImpl.prewrite(MarshallerImpl.java:365)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.MarshallerImpl.write(MarshallerImpl.java:327)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.MarshallerImpl.marshal(MarshallerImpl.java:175)
	at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.databinding.jaxb.axiom.JAXBDataSource$1.run(JAXBDataSource.java:81)

By the javadoc [1], the call should be OK. I also debugged the test case
with woodstox and it's happy with the empty namespace.

[1]
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/namespace/NamespaceContext.html#getPrefix(java.lang.String)

Thanks,
Raymond