Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at> on 2007/05/08 13:13:50 UTC

[T5] Improving exception message when using @Environmental

hi,

i pushed an own helper class (ParentHelper) into the Environment instance
to make it usable in one of my nested components using @Environmental.

But instead i got the following exception although i used the correct
class:
No object of type com.poi.tapestry5.experiment.components.ParentHelper is
available from the Environment.
Available types are com.poi.tapestry5.experiment.components.ParentHelper,
org.apache.tapestry.MarkupWriter, ...
org.apache.tapestry.services.Heartbeat.

After thinking twice (and after 2h of testing) i realized that the
location of
my helper class was within the component package and everything in there
would get enhanced. Moving it to another package solved the problem.

I was wondering whether it were possible to mark enhanced classes in a
way they could be easily distinguisehd from non-enhanced classes so the
above exception would be easier to understand. At least from the
exceptions
messages....

g,
kris