Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ai...@ketura.ardom.co.il on 2003/07/29 23:16:59 UTC

re: artimus data source issue - poolman.xml

	If you are trying to change database settings for the artimus
example application:
	Please note that there is a poolman.xml file in the
commons-scaffod.jar!!!
	I've spent a day playing around with this, moving poolman.xml's
around till I figured out where my trouble are.

	Noam

	From: Ted Husted
*	Subject: re: artimus data source issue
*	Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:55:10 -0800

Something like the configuration file for poolman has to be on the Java
classpath where the classloader can find it. The simplest location is
directly under the WEB-INF/classes folder. The glitch there is that, to do a
clean build, it's very convenient to just delete that folder and rebuild the
application for scratch. So, it can be safer to have two, and get the build
file to copy it cover when it builds the rest of the application. Start by
putting the poolman.xml file you want to use under classes, and see that its
working. Then have a look at the build.xml to see if it is trying to copy
that file from another location to classes. Then copy your updated file to
the source location, to be sure its available to future builds.

There are some generic setup instructions for poolman here:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg25553.html>

HTH, Ted.

--
Ted Husted,