Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr> on 2003/03/13 13:45:52 UTC

generator and action

Does an action can get the SAX events created by a generator ?

Re: generator and action

Posted by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>.
That's what I did.

But I have a problem in my transformer.
In the transformer I query an XMLDB but the results are really long to come
up due to the XMLDB methods (this methods applies to a proprietary object).
So I need to display the results piece by piece.

Now I'm trying different ways :

1/Get the proprietary object using session and putting it into an xsp. But
I have trouble to manipulate the proprietary object (in fact I can't
initialise it) in the xsp page.
2/ Get the proprietary object using a session and manipulate it into an
action but and i Wrote that :

	<map:match pattern="search">
	 <map:act type="sunShine_session"> --> create a session
	   <map:parameter name="action" value="create"/>
	  <map:generate type="Request"/> --> create sax events
	  <map:transform type="Query"/> --> get the SAX events and put the
proprietary into the session
	  <map:act type="Action"/> --> get the proprietary Object from the session.
	  <map:serialize/>
	</map:act>
	</map:match>

But it doesn't not, the session is on but the attribute doesn't go from the
transformer to the action.
Any idea ?

Finally, I'm on the good way to do wHat I want or should I change my plans ?
Please, give me some hints.

Lionel

Re: generator and action

Posted by Alexander Docter <Al...@alexio.nl>.
No.

An action is executed before the pipeline (containing the generator) is
set up.If you want to do something based on the sax events from the generator
you'll probably have to write your own transformer.
regards,

Alexander

<citaat van="Lionel Crine">