Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by chandra <ch...@polarisft.com> on 2013/01/15 10:50:35 UTC

How to update Legend Series name for charts dynamically

Hi,

  My requirement is to create charts in Excel using POI,  i am able to
generate charts dynamically.But there is another req came up i.e to update
the legend series value and axis label value dynamically using apache poi
codebase.Can you help any one who knows or any idea to update legend series
and axis label value dynamically.

regards,
Chandra shekar.K

Re: How to update Legend Series name for charts dynamically

Posted by Guillaume de GENTILE <gd...@finbox-solutions.com>.
Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your answer, I am also using the same approach.

The limitations I found is that it is not possible to rename a sheet
which contains a graph whithout corrupting the graph. It is also not
possible to clone a sheet which contains a graph.

I have recently fixed these 2 issues on my side and created a new case
in bugzilla with the proposal.

Regards,
Guillaume

Posted by Guillaume de GENTILE <gd...@finbox-solutions.com>.