Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Chris Warr <Ch...@esd.nec.com.au> on 2004/09/13 07:22:47 UTC

Numeric cells with commas

Hi, I'm trying to add a cell with type=HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_NUMERIC.  I have a
string like '1,234.56'.  I want the string to end up with the comma in the
spreadsheet but I want the cell to be numeric.  Is this possible?  Excel
lets me type it in.

Chris.

RE: Numeric cells with commas

Posted by bhavik <bh...@webdev.co.zw>.
Hi,

Try setting the cell format to "#,##0.00", don't set the
type=HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_NUMERIC. And then simply set your value. It
should automatically display as you want it.

Bhavik Merchant
Webdev (Pvt.) Limited
Physical Address: Cnr 9th St & Josiah Tongogara
Website: http://www.webdev.co.zw
Phone: +263 (0)4 702906