Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Alessandro Caviglione <c....@gmail.com> on 2016/02/17 00:03:27 UTC

Snapshot VM with Volume Snapshot active

Hi guys,
maybe I do not remember very well... but I thought I could do a VM snapshot
even if there are active volume snapshot.
Moreover, a volume snapshot is a copy of the volume that is archived, it
can not be revert but only turn it into a template or a new volume.
In fact, if I go to XenCenter, the VM has no active snapshot and if I want
I could take a snapshot of the VM from XenCenter!!
So why if I have a volume with an active snapshot, I can not make a VM
snapshot?
The recurring snapshots of the volumes is used by CS as a backup system,
but if it inhibits the ability to make VM snapshot then it is a big problem.