Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com> on 2007/02/05 00:18:07 UTC

Running junit suites.All in same directory as harness gets "wombat already exists"?

I have this habit of running the tests by typing:

java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite derbyall;
java junit.textui.TestRunner org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All

That is, both commands consecutively in the same directory.

The last time I tried this, I got a bunch of errors during the Junit
tests about "Failed to create database 'wombat'... directory already exists".

When I run the Junit tests in an empty directory by themselves, no problem.

Anybody else seeing this?

thanks,

bryan

Re: Running junit suites.All in same directory as harness gets "wombat already exists"?

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
Thanks Kristian and Mamta for the suggestions.

I was not able to reproduce the problem on several re-runs, so I
think that it was my mistake and I wasn't originally running in
the directory that I thought I was.

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> I have this habit of running the tests by typing:
>
> java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite derbyall;
> java junit.textui.TestRunner
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All
>
> That is, both commands consecutively in the same directory.
>
> The last time I tried this, I got a bunch of errors during the Junit
> tests about "Failed to create database 'wombat'... directory already
> exists".
>
> When I run the Junit tests in an empty directory by themselves, no problem.
>
> Anybody else seeing this?

Just from the top of my head, have you used JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS or any
other mechanism to set derby.system.home?
I thought the JUnit harness would use the directory 'system' for the
database(s) when derby.system.home is not set.

Unless the old harness also uses the 'system' directory, or a JUnit test
somehow override the default, I believe running them the way you do
should be fine.

--
Kristian

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Bryan, I follow the same steps as you that is run derbyall and follow is
right away with Junit All suite. I haven't seen the problem you are
encountering. I wonder if some test failed in derbyall and it left the
wombat database after the failure.

Mamta