Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lambert, Stephen : CO IR" <SL...@LHS.ORG> on 2000/11/10 20:28:24 UTC

Setting JAVA_HOME path on Linux 7.0

I have Tomcat 3.1 running standalone on a RedHat 6.2 server(yeah).

However, on a Redhat 7.0 server, I having difficulty setting the path for
JAVA_HOME after installing JDK1.3
I can't cd to $JAVA_HOME.

The .bash_profile is as follows:
# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
	. ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/local/jdk1.3/bin
BASH_ENV=$HOME/.bashrc
USERNAME="root"

export USERNAME BASH_ENV PATH

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.3
export JAVA_HOME

-----------

Also, when I shutdown the server, it requires /sbin/./shutdown -h now

The only difference I can tell between the two Linux version is the ENV(6.2)
vs BASH_ENV(7.0)

Can someone help?
Thanks.

Re: Setting JAVA_HOME path on Linux 7.0

Posted by Gregory Guthrie <gg...@mum.edu>.
At 03:11 PM 11/10/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm using tomcat 3.2 and jdk1.3 and it works fine on debian.  Haven't
>tryed tomcat 3.1 with jdk1.3

-- I've had many problems trying to get this to work,
I started with the Debian tomcat, and have posted a few notes to this
group, but not gotten much help.

I'd really love it if you could tell me the steps to a working tomcat +
Apache install on Debian!

Thanks,

Gregory

Gregory Guthrie
guthrie@mum.edu         (641)472-1125    Fax: -1103

Re: Setting JAVA_HOME path on Linux 7.0

Posted by Trevor Little <tl...@hoaglandlongo.com>.

Posted by Sterling <sm...@omeninc.com>.
H-

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@relativity.yi.org>.

Albanian munitions Semtex class struggle ammunition Uzi PLO Ortega DES North
Korea BATF FBI explosion South Africa Mossad

Re: Setting JAVA_HOME path on Linux 7.0

Posted by James Harman <jh...@requisite.com>.
Is there something in your .bashrc that sets the JAVA_HOME value?

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Lambert, Stephen : CO IR wrote:

> I have Tomcat 3.1 running standalone on a RedHat 6.2 server(yeah).
>
> However, on a Redhat 7.0 server, I having difficulty setting the path for
> JAVA_HOME after installing JDK1.3
> I can't cd to $JAVA_HOME.
>
> The .bash_profile is as follows:
> # .bash_profile
>
> # Get the aliases and functions
> if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
> 	. ~/.bashrc
> fi
>
> # User specific environment and startup programs
>
> PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/local/jdk1.3/bin
> BASH_ENV=$HOME/.bashrc
> USERNAME="root"
>
> export USERNAME BASH_ENV PATH
>
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.3
> export JAVA_HOME
>
> -----------
>
> Also, when I shutdown the server, it requires /sbin/./shutdown -h now
>
> The only difference I can tell between the two Linux version is the ENV(6.2)
> vs BASH_ENV(7.0)
>
> Can someone help?
> Thanks.

James Harman