Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ryan Agler <ry...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/16 23:15:20 UTC

RE: Cocoon in multiple webapp

Also a lot of times when I'm trying to get things to work with Tomcat
requiring me to stop-and-start it a lot, "catalina.sh stop" wont kill
all the java processes on my system.  Then I get all kinds of errors
when I start it back up.  Make sure there are no rogue processes running
and if there are, kill them.  In the stop section of my catalina.sh file
I added a line to not only kill all processes, but also delete the work
directory:

rm -rf $CATALINA_HOME/work
killall /jdk/bin/java

good luck

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Antonio Gallardo Rivera wrote:

>Try this maybe it helps you:
>
>If you are using 1.4 (I am using 1.4.1RC) You must to copy the following
>libraries to your Java libs:
>
>PROBLEM: When you are trying to use sunRise and your plataform is (or
>similar):
>
>        Cocoon 2.0.3
>        Tomcat 2.1.8 or 2.1.9
>        Java 1.4 or 1.4.1
>
>You get the following error:
>
>java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>java.lang.NullPointerException at
>org.apache.cocoon.sunshine.xml.XMLUtil.getNodesFromPath(XMLUtil.java:869)
>at org.apache.cocoon.sunshine.xml.XMLUtil.getNodesFromPath(XMLUtil.java:871)
>at org.apache.cocoon.sunshine.xml.XMLUtil.getNodesFromPath(XMLUtil.java:871)
>at org.apache.cocoon.sunshine.xml.XMLUtil.getNodeListFromPath(XMLUtil.java:836
>at
>org.apache.cocoon.sunshine.context.SimpleSessionContext.getXML(SimpleSession
>Context.java:173)
>at org.apache.cocoon.sunshine.sunrise.SunRise.isAuthenticated(SunRise.java:691
>
>CAUSE:
>You have to configure java to work with this libraries:
>        xalan-2.3.1.jar
>        xercesImpl-2.0.0.jar
>        xml-apis.jar
>
>SOLUTION:
>1-Stop Tomcat.
>2-Create a directory named "endorsed" at $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/
>3-Copy from Cocoon the following files to the recent created directory:
>        xalan-2.3.1.jar
>        xercesImpl-2.0.0.jar
>        xml-apis.jar
>4-Restart Tomcat

Ahem... Seems like nobody reading install docs...

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html
*"**Java 1.4 configuration"*

Vadim

Posted by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.