Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Panshul Whisper <ou...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/18 23:34:07 UTC

Spring for hadoop

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is using spring for hadoop to execute map reduce
jobs or to perform hbase operations on a hadoop cluster using spring data
for hadoop.
Please suggest me a working example as I am unable to find any working
sample and spring data documentation is of no use for beginners.

Thanks

Regards,
Ouch Whisper
01010101010

Re: Spring for hadoop

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.
Dne 23.1.2013 22:55, Panshul Whisper napsal(a):
> Hello Radim,
>
> Your solution sounds interesting. Is it possible for me to try the
> solution before I buy it?

i do not ship demo version since it would be identical to production
version. I do onsite presentations with live demo and you will get all
code examples used. Its possible to code something simple on custom
demand during presentation, for example i got request to show how to use
hadoop seq file for storing data extracted from jms messages received by
spring integration.

Re: Spring for hadoop

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.

Re: Spring for hadoop

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.

Re: Spring for hadoop

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.

Re: Spring for hadoop

Posted by Panshul Whisper <ou...@gmail.com>.
Hello Radim,

Your solution sounds interesting. Is it possible for me to try the solution
before I buy it?

Thnx ,
Regards

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM, Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com> wrote:

> i have solution integrating spring beans and spring batch directly into
> hadoop core. its far more advanced then spring data hadoop support with
> pojo patch.
>
> in my solution every component of mapreduce can be hadoop bean. You will
> get spring batch integrated directly into mapper, which means that you can
> run multiple steps in one mapper pass and because of async write done by
> spring batch you will get about 3x higher write performance. i have
> rewriten HDFS which has way faster writes. Spring batch component replaces
> standard hadoop job manager (that thing with web gui) and spring
> integration is used for advanced stuff like multiresource scheduling. You
> can write simple java bean for every new resource you want to add into
> system and another bean for logic for assigning jobs based on that
> particular resource.
>
> I submitted few patches to hadoop but they were not interesting enough to
> get into core. If you want to buy my hadoop with integrated spring, let me
> know.

Ouch Whisper
010101010101

Re: Spring for hadoop

Posted by Panshul Whisper <ou...@gmail.com>.
Hello Radim,

Your solution sounds interesting. Is it possible for me to try the solution
before I buy it?

Thnx ,
Regards

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM, Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com> wrote:

> i have solution integrating spring beans and spring batch directly into
> hadoop core. its far more advanced then spring data hadoop support with
> pojo patch.
>
> in my solution every component of mapreduce can be hadoop bean. You will
> get spring batch integrated directly into mapper, which means that you can
> run multiple steps in one mapper pass and because of async write done by
> spring batch you will get about 3x higher write performance. i have
> rewriten HDFS which has way faster writes. Spring batch component replaces
> standard hadoop job manager (that thing with web gui) and spring
> integration is used for advanced stuff like multiresource scheduling. You
> can write simple java bean for every new resource you want to add into
> system and another bean for logic for assigning jobs based on that
> particular resource.
>
> I submitted few patches to hadoop but they were not interesting enough to
> get into core. If you want to buy my hadoop with integrated spring, let me
> know.

Ouch Whisper
010101010101

Re: Spring for hadoop

Posted by Panshul Whisper <ou...@gmail.com>.
Hello Radim,

Your solution sounds interesting. Is it possible for me to try the solution
before I buy it?

Thnx ,
Regards

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM, Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com> wrote:

> i have solution integrating spring beans and spring batch directly into
> hadoop core. its far more advanced then spring data hadoop support with
> pojo patch.
>
> in my solution every component of mapreduce can be hadoop bean. You will
> get spring batch integrated directly into mapper, which means that you can
> run multiple steps in one mapper pass and because of async write done by
> spring batch you will get about 3x higher write performance. i have
> rewriten HDFS which has way faster writes. Spring batch component replaces
> standard hadoop job manager (that thing with web gui) and spring
> integration is used for advanced stuff like multiresource scheduling. You
> can write simple java bean for every new resource you want to add into
> system and another bean for logic for assigning jobs based on that
> particular resource.
>
> I submitted few patches to hadoop but they were not interesting enough to
> get into core. If you want to buy my hadoop with integrated spring, let me
> know.

Ouch Whisper
010101010101

Re: Spring for hadoop

Posted by Panshul Whisper <ou...@gmail.com>.
Hello Radim,

Your solution sounds interesting. Is it possible for me to try the solution
before I buy it?

Thnx ,
Regards

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM, Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com> wrote:

> i have solution integrating spring beans and spring batch directly into
> hadoop core. its far more advanced then spring data hadoop support with
> pojo patch.
>
> in my solution every component of mapreduce can be hadoop bean. You will
> get spring batch integrated directly into mapper, which means that you can
> run multiple steps in one mapper pass and because of async write done by
> spring batch you will get about 3x higher write performance. i have
> rewriten HDFS which has way faster writes. Spring batch component replaces
> standard hadoop job manager (that thing with web gui) and spring
> integration is used for advanced stuff like multiresource scheduling. You
> can write simple java bean for every new resource you want to add into
> system and another bean for logic for assigning jobs based on that
> particular resource.
>
> I submitted few patches to hadoop but they were not interesting enough to
> get into core. If you want to buy my hadoop with integrated spring, let me
> know.

Ouch Whisper
010101010101

Re: Spring for hadoop

Re: Spring for hadoop

Re: Spring for hadoop

Re: Spring for hadoop

Posted by Jilani Shaik <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Please find below URL where you will find the sample code for spring hadoop.

https://github.com/SpringSource/spring-hadoop-samples

Thank you,
Jilani

Re: Spring for hadoop