Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by pe...@gresham-forms.co.uk on 2003/12/01 15:15:52 UTC

Document bloat

Does anybody know what is going on here?

I am using SAXSVGDocumentFactory ( initialised with  Xerces SAX Parser ) to
load svg file.

SVGDocument doc = fac.createSVGDocument(fileuri);

After loading the doc I find that for example
<svg  x="0" y="0">

has become

<svg x="0" contentScriptType="text/ecmascript" y="0"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" zoomAndPan="magnify"
contentStyleType="text/css" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" version="1.0">

I have these namespaces defined in my outer svg.
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
xmlns:common="http://exslt.org/common"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org"

Every element has the same set of extra attributes.

When I save the document again if find that its size has increased greatly.

Is there a way to stop this behaviour ?

Thanks,

Patrick Egan

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com

Re: Document bloat

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
pegan@gresham-forms.co.uk wrote:

> Does anybody know what is going on here?

    All of these are all defined by the SVG specification.  These
are the default values (or fixed values) defined by the DTD.