Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/10/14 16:28:30 UTC

Fwd: Jira bug

Committers,

When committing patches, please make sure you have the latest patch.
As you can see from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-33
(happens with Hadoop too), the date ordering of patches doesn't work
properly so the last patch isn't necessarily the latest patch.

FWIW, I think this is why it's a good idea to always attach a patch
file with the same name as in the Zookeeper Jira above.  The old ones
then get grey'd out.

Nige

PS. This does NOT affect the Jira selected by the automated patch
testing.

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Fwd: Jira bug

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
If there are multiple attachments, and their names leave any ambiguity,
then I always select the "All" tab and choose the attachment from the
end of the comment log rather than the attachment pane, to make sure I
get the most recently added, since the comment log is chronologically
ordered and the attachment pane is not.

Doug