Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/16 17:32:57 UTC

Release 0.1.0-incubating "expandProperties" build issue

Hey guys,
while trying to run the release process (still the Ant one, to see it
fully running and then try to mimic it in Maven) I'm having the
following issue:

/build.xml:90: replacetoken doesn't support the "expandProperties"
attribute

Leaving out the old Ant vs Maven build reproducibility discussion
(which I'll try to sort out anyways), my build specs are listed below.
Any hint here on which ant version I should use?

Ciao and thanks in advance,
Gab

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/chemistry/opencmis-release-documentation.html

~~~o0o~~~

zion:0.1.0-incubating mindthegab$ uname -a
Darwin zion.local 9.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.8.0: Wed Jul 15
16:55:01 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1228.15.4~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

zion:0.1.0-incubating mindthegab$ ant -version
Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on April 8 2010

zion:0.1.0-incubating mindthegab$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_20"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02-279-9M3165)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.3-b01-279, mixed mode)

On Jun 14, 2010, at 2:14 PM, David Caruana wrote:

> There are 68 issues fixed for the components chemistry-abdera, tck
> and opencmis-*. I'll update their fix version to 0.1.0.
>
> Dave
>
> On 14 Jun 2010, at 09:55, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Gabriele Columbro <gabriele@apache.org
>> > wrote:
>>> I added opencmis-* in version names, as I suppose other chemistry
>>> hosted projects will follow different release schedule and version
>>> scheme.
>>
>> An alternative is to create new Jira projects like CMISPHP for
>> codebases that follow a separate release schedule. Many of the Jira
>> reports assume that a single Jira project maps to a single release
>> schedule.
>>
>>> Do you think is there any specific issue should include/fix it in
>>> 0.1.0 or shall we just reschedule them it to the version that looks
>>> more reasonable?
>>
>> The already resolved issues that affect the OpenCMIS codebase should
>> probably be marked as resolved for 0.1.0. This will make the Jira
>> release reports more effective.
>>
>> I'd leave unresolved issues unscheduled unless they're explicitly
>> being targeted for a specific release.
>>
>>> - I'm also trying to understand what would be the best / easy /
>>> reproducible
>>> way to integrate our release process with the standard maven based
>>> projects
>>> staging [3], in a way that in the same process we could distribute
>>> the
>>> aggregated artifacts [4] via standard www.apache.org/dist and the
>>> single
>>> JARs (useful to to application builders) via the standard maven
>>> staging

--

Eng. Gabriele Columbro
Alfresco Software, Ltd.

M: +31 (0)627 565 103
P: +39 320 161 28 46
D: +44 (0)1628 876 654

Skype: gabrielecolumbro
Blog: http://www.mindthegab.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mindthegabz

Re: Release 0.1.0-incubating "expandProperties" build issue [SOLVED]

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,
looking at http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/replace.html it seems
that the "expandProperties" attribute was introduced in Ant 1.8.0.

I updated https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CMIS/OpenCMIS+Release+Documentation
  to reflect this change in pre-req.

HTH,
ciao!