Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Philip Mark Donaghy <go...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/23 18:36:24 UTC

Building Struts - Validator exeception

For my latest project I have dowloaded all the source
code for struts 1.1 (I may be able to help when I get
the hang of it :)

I am having a problem with the class ValidatorPlugin
and the method
ValidatorResourcesInitializer.initialize(ValidatorResources
resources, InputStream in, boolean process). I have
compiled the source and deployed all the classes
without the struts jars in the classes directory of
struts-validator. And then deployed the web
application.

I get an exception during the initialization of Tomcat
(v4.1.27)

INFO: Loading validation rules file from
'/WEB-INF/validation.xml'
23 oct. 2003 18:15:32
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn
initResources
GRAVE: Network is unreachable: connect
java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable:
connect

It seem that the Validator can not find the files
'/WEB-INF/validation.xml' and
'/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml'.

Thanks,
Phil