Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Paddy <pa...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/19 09:39:33 UTC

Does a Ignite Cache return size metrics for a cache in local mode

I posted this on Stack Overflow a while back, but this is probably a better
place for the question. It seems like Ignite does not return the cache size
metrics for a cache in local mode. The code I used to test this in Ignite
2.6 is:

    IgniteConfiguration igniteConfig = new IgniteConfiguration();
    CacheConfiguration cacheConfig = new CacheConfiguration("testCache");
    cacheConfig.setStatisticsEnabled(true);
    igniteConfig.setCacheConfiguration(cacheConfig);
    cacheConfig.setCacheMode(CacheMode.LOCAL);

    try (Ignite ignite = Ignition.start(igniteConfig)) {
        IgniteCache cache = ignite.<String,
String>getOrCreateCache(cacheConfig.getName());
        cache.put("key", "val");
        cache.put("key2", "val2");
        cache.remove("key2");

        System.out.println(cache.localMetrics());
    }

I get:

    CacheMetricsSnapshot [reads=0, puts=2, hits=0, misses=0, txCommits=0,
txRollbacks=0, evicts=0, removes=1, putAvgTimeNanos=8054.916,
getAvgTimeNanos=0.0, rmvAvgTimeNanos=3732.072, commitAvgTimeNanos=0.0,
rollbackAvgTimeNanos=0.0, cacheName=testCache, offHeapGets=0, offHeapPuts=0,
offHeapRemoves=0, offHeapEvicts=0, offHeapHits=0, offHeapMisses=0,
offHeapEntriesCnt=1, heapEntriesCnt=0, offHeapPrimaryEntriesCnt=1,
offHeapBackupEntriesCnt=1, offHeapAllocatedSize=0, size=0, keySize=0,
isEmpty=false, dhtEvictQueueCurrSize=-1, txThreadMapSize=0, txXidMapSize=0,
txCommitQueueSize=0, txPrepareQueueSize=0, txStartVerCountsSize=0,
txCommittedVersionsSize=0, txRolledbackVersionsSize=0, txDhtThreadMapSize=0,
txDhtXidMapSize=-1, txDhtCommitQueueSize=0, txDhtPrepareQueueSize=0,
txDhtStartVerCountsSize=0, txDhtCommittedVersionsSize=-1,
txDhtRolledbackVersionsSize=-1, isWriteBehindEnabled=false,
writeBehindFlushSize=-1, writeBehindFlushThreadCnt=-1,
writeBehindFlushFreq=-1, writeBehindStoreBatchSize=-1,
writeBehindTotalCriticalOverflowCnt=-1, writeBehindCriticalOverflowCnt=-1,
writeBehindErrorRetryCnt=-1, writeBehindBufSize=-1, totalPartitionsCnt=0,
rebalancingPartitionsCnt=0, keysToRebalanceLeft=0, rebalancingKeysRate=0,
rebalancingBytesRate=0, rebalanceStartTime=-1, rebalanceFinishTime=-1,
rebalanceClearingPartitionsLeft=0, keyType=java.lang.Object,
valType=java.lang.Object, isStoreByVal=true, isStatisticsEnabled=true,
isManagementEnabled=false, isReadThrough=false, isWriteThrough=false,
isValidForReading=true, isValidForWriting=true]

Which shows that, put & remove metrics seem to be working, but size is 0.
I've tried both cache.metrics().getSize() and cache.localMetrics().getSize()
but they seem to give the same result. If I change the cache mode to
REPLICATED or PARTITIONED then the cache size is correct.

Re: Does a Ignite Cache return size metrics for a cache in local mode

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Answered you on stackoverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53193997/does-a-ignite-cache-return-metrics-for-a-cache-in-local-mode/53453990#53453990