Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by David Greenberg <ds...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/18 23:17:27 UTC

Getting cluster/framework/slave states as JSON

Is there a table or location I can look to see what json endpoints are
available for querying? I want to build a dashboard that knows 1) how long
a framework has been running 2) how long an executor has been running 3)
can fetch stdout and stderr of the executor.

I'd also like to, if possible, fetch other kinds of metadata from the
executor (progress updates). Is there an API for this, or is it something
that I could contribute (or is it out-of-scope for Mesos, and should live
in the specific framework)?

Re: Getting cluster/framework/slave states as JSON

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
Rather than building a dashboard, it would be great to expand on the
existing webui! It is hosted on port 5050 (by default) on the master!

1) The existing webui shows when the framework has registered /
reregistered with the master. Registration is effectively when the
framework started.

2) The webui does not show how long an executor has been running.

3) You can fetch the output of the executor via the webui (we expose the
sandbox of each executor for you to browse directly in the webui).

There are many endpoints for this:

<master>:<port>/master/state.json
<slave>:<port>/slave/state.json
<slave>:<port>/monitor/usage.json // Executor resource consumption.

And others, we don't currently have great documentation around the
endpoints we expose. Building on top of the webui is great because every
framework benefits, and we don't break as many external tools when we
change the json endpoint information!

Ben