Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hoai <ho...@indent.org> on 2004/10/21 01:54:37 UTC

Configuration for receiving email

We want to user james as SMTP and Pop3 server.  We are able to send email by
specifying in config.xml as following:

      <servernames autodetect="true" autodetectIP="true">
         <servername>localhost</servername>
      </servernames>

We wrote a java client to send email with "localhost" as smtp host.  This
combination works for sending out email, but not receiving emails.

Would appreciate help with configuring james to receive email.  This machine
has a public domain name and numerical IP.

---

Re[2]: DBMail IMAP

Posted by Geert Van Damme <Ge...@darling.be>.
Hello Daniel,

exactly,

that's how I plan to use it.
To begin with, I'm gonna keep the James POP3 so that I'm sure
everything goes OK, but when it looks stable, you might use the setup
like you suggested.

Geert

RE: DBMail IMAP

Posted by Daniel Perry <d....@netcase.co.uk>.