Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by kishore talagadadeevi <kt...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/04 00:12:13 UTC

RemovalAwareCollection- limitation

Hi ,

I am using RemovalAwareCollection for 1:n mapping for part - subparts
relation.
But if the part has more than 51 subparts, I am getting the
ClassCastException :
I am using  OJB V1.0 ODMG API ...

I want to know whether any limitation on collection size ...

thanks

Exception is :

Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerException:
java.lang.ClassCastException: part.ojb.PartImpl
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.CollectionProxy.loadData(CollectionProxy.java:160)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ListProxy.loadData(ListProxy.java:187)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.CollectionProxy.getData(CollectionProxy.java(Compiled
Code))
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.CollectionProxy.toArray(CollectionProxy.java:248)
	at part.ojb.PartImpl.getChildren(PartImpl.java(Inlined Compiled Code))

Re: RemovalAwareCollection- limitation

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi kishore,

there's no limitation of the size in collection-proxy. you're using a rather old
version of ojb and the proxy-stuff has been moved to a new package, but from
what i know i think the error is coming from:

..
             else if (m_size != 0)
             {
                 result = (Collection)
getBroker().getCollectionByQuery(getCollectionClass(), getQuery());
             }
             else
             {
                 result = (Collection) getCollectionClass().newInstance();
             }
..

your class part.ojb.PartImpl cannot be casted to a Collection. have you checked
your repository ?

hth
jakob