Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "vrparekh@gmail.com" <vr...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/06 15:15:41 UTC

xpathentityprocessor with flattern true

Hello all,

i want to get whole xmldata into one field, for that i am using
xpathentityprocessor with flattern=true
but still it doesn't work as expected.

<id>bcd</id>

<id>def</id>
                                                         </part></root>

main part i want is i want all "id" nodes into single field

 <entity name="x" onError="abort"  processor="XPathEntityProcessor"
flatten="true"  forEach="/root/part/id" url="${myfilepath}" dataSource="FD">
                     <field column="CommonIDs" xpath="/root/part/id" />
              </entity>

CommonIDs is single valued field, should contain "<id>abc</id>

<id>bcd</id>

<id>def</id>" if it takes root node also it will also fine for me.

please help me to solve this problem,

Thanks
Vishal Parekh

Re: xpathentityprocessor with flattern true

Posted by Rakesh Varna <ra...@gmail.com>.
Try using flatten="true" in the <field> rather than the <entity>. Note that
it will remove all child node names, and will only concatenate the text
values of the child nodes.
example:

<root>
<part>
<id>abc</id>
<id>def</id>
<id>ghi>/id>

<field column="CommonIDs" xpath="/root/part" flatten="true" />

will concatenate abc, def, ghi to give a single text value. Note that xpath
terminates at <part>

Regards,
Rakesh Varna